Leicanol

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For the ultimate collector of everything wearing the name of Leitz or Leica, next to the sugars or chocolates, there is also this chemical. For sure, Tetenal has got Leitz' agreement to use the graphic for the name of its product! From my Fontenelle Collection.

Leicanol, as far as I can remember, was the same 'compensating fine grain' developer as Emofin, but packaged in quantities to fit the Correx tank. It was more or less comparable to D-76. --Text on the package in Spanish, Italian and Swedish!

Several early manufacturers of exposure meters did also bring out versions with Leica-style f-stops and speeds.

The old man from the Age of the IIIa

Leicanol, as far as I can remember, was the same 'compensating fine grain' developer as Emofin, but packaged in quantities to fit the Correx tank. It was more or less comparable to D-76. --Text on the package in Spanish, Italian and Swedish!

Several early manufacturers of exposure meters did also bring out versions with Leica-style f-stops and speeds.

The old man from the Age of the IIIa

You're right, old man. Here are some photos of "early exposure meters" with Leica-style f-stops and speeds, and marked accordingly.

An older man of the age of the extinctometers (oh yes, I now remember I also had a BEWI extinctometer marked "Für Leica-Kamera")