Wierd PSCS4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Looks like I need more help with PSCS4. I'm dead in the water. I just used the crop tool and when I hit return the image disappeared and all that was left was a dot in the middle of the frame. I have no idea what's causing this, any thoughts?

I also notice some "blinking" of the images sometimes, a sort of flashing as if the IMAC is overwhelmed and can't handle the commands. I never had these problems with PSCS3.

I've only had PSCS4 for less than a week, but thus far I'm disappointed. I only got the upgrade because I purchased a new camera of a different brand and the RAW files would not open with CS3, I had to upgrade. It seems improved technology doesn't always mean life will be made easier.

Edited by wilfredo

Never mind, I figured out how to reset the tool now it's working again. Why it stopped working is a mystery? This is the first time I experience this in more than 6 years of using various PS versions.

Wilfredo,

For what it's worth, I am using CS4 on an iMac without any trouble whatsoever.

Maybe you should run through the preferences and see if everything is normally set and if nothing helps run install. (CS4 install can repair the original installation).

Maurice

I too have a strong preference for CS3 over 4, but it's no problem: Just open your RAW files in CS4's ACR, do your conversion, & save it to desktop; & then open the converted version in CS3.

Kirk

I did also when I first started using CS4. But then after getting use to it I like it much more then any PS that came before. The updated tool set, like dodge & burn, the contrast & brightness layer and the whole layer tool palette, make it much easier to use. IMHO.

Guest WPalank

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm a big fan of CS4 now as well. It took some getting used to, but was worth the effort.

Wilfredo,

Go under the Help Menu to see if there have been any updates you are lacking.

Help>Updates... and it does the rest for you.