Travel to New York... lens to carry...

Efra1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On.

I´ll travel next week to NY, and in my bag comes the M8, but dont know what leens to thake on.

I have the 21 elmarit, 35 Lux, Noctilux 1, 90 cron ASPH.......

What are your recomendations???

I also whant to buy some R lens to use whit the DMR,,, cans anybody tell me a good place to look at second hand market?

Thanks

Efra1

Take the 21 and 35 (28 and 50 equivalent on the M8). The 90 would be a nice to have if you don`t mind the weight, but it won`t be used often. For the walk over the Brooklyn bridge, some shooting from sightseeing platforms (top of the rock or Empire St.) or the typical boat trip around the Island it will be a "nice to have addition". With the M8 I would get myself a Voigtlander 15mm or 12mm to have a real wide in the bag, great for the Big Apple.

Take the 21 and 35 (28 and 50 equivalent on the M8). The 90 would be a nice to have if you don`t mind the weight, but it won`t be used often. For the walk over the Brooklyn bridge, some shooting from sightseeing platforms (top of the rock or Empire St.) or the typical boat trip around the Island it will be a "nice to have addition". With the M8 I would get myself a Voigtlander 15mm or 12mm to have a real wide in the bag, great for the Big Apple.

You do know you are responding to a question asked in 2008...:confused:

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great thread!

Belated 'Thanks' to the OP for raising the subject in the first place and for all the advice about those places to go which are not usually in the tour guides.

I'm heading over in May '15 so I'll be digesting the info herein.

I was 95% sure I needed a 21mm for the bag anyway and this thread confirms it. I already have 28, 35, 40 and 50 (2x Leitz; 2X Voigt) but the 28 clearly won't be wide enough on the 8.

Cheers, everyone!

Philip.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd take a time-warp lens. :D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

RickPeabody

• Like 2