L-Camera Member Gallery online

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear forum members,

On the occasion of the Leica Day the L-Camera Forum Gallery has started!

Since last week the new software is running - now all forum members can set up their own galleries.

The forum software we use wasn't designed as gallery software - by contrast the new gallery offers a lot of additional features:

• Animated view of the images
  • Navigation between images by arrow keys
  • Uploads up to 500kB - no limits in image dimensions
  • Different thumbnail sizes that can easily used in forum postings or on other websites
  • Automatic display of EXIF data
  • Promotion for current images on the forum start page

Until end of March you can use introductory offer - one month for only for only 2,50€ (4$ / 2£)!

Rebates up to 20% available for longer subscriptions!

You can subscribe in the Paid Subscriptions section of the user control panel, click here.

Have fun in the new gallery!

Andreas

PS.: Want to support the forum but not interested in the gallery? Donate a beer or a coffee to the Admin!

Here's a copy of a post to the Film Forum I made today: I support Steve's response. The Leica User Forum - PhotoPlog is the logical and strategic choice. It provides a way to self finance & insure the future of the forum at a low cost that's underwritten by the support of it's members without the problems of administration. If we can get management of the forum to agree that if a certain threshold of users will contract for a year's service at a low cost, we could help to insure the future of the forum and it's independence & integrity from Leica's ownership and the galaxy of influences (dealers, resellers...). I don't use an online gallery, but would supoort this with my wallet. Of course, I would hope and sincerly believe Leica management could & should sync this LUF gallery with LFI. With them managing only their end. They have an anemic body of work that's poorly organized and difficult at best to navigate. Load times are excessive, no tools to do an intelligent search.... Leica needs to surf itself into the real pulse of the digital world. If it wants to be on the edge of the wave & not buried in the undercurrents of prop wash, it needs to get interested in the users/buyers of it's products and their output of images. I hope the adminstration of the forum can provide leadership in this regard.