Lens pouch SL-Cron

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Any recommendations for a semi-solid/protective lens pouch for SL Summicrons with sun shade mounted (in the extended direction), and with fixation points for a strap?

I ask since this is how I typically carry gear with me when hiking for a few hours or so; I then carry the body in one top-load bag (like f-stop Navin), and a lens or two in separate pouch(es), everything fixed diagonally to the body (with the camera and lenses on the back, close to the hips) to keep arms and body free to move in steep terrain. 

The reason for keeping the lens shade fixed in the extended position is to keep the lens cap at home; I don't like to remove/add the lens cap when in the field. Similarly with the lens shade, either it is on or not... When added to the lens, the sun shade protects the front element, plus providing some shade for highlights, clearly. 

And yes, I know that most people prefer a camera bag - or a back Pack - but for short-ish hiking in steep terrain I like to carry a camera (or two), and/or a lens or two, as described above. 

Edited by helged

I don't know about their availability in Norway, but I use the Think Tank Lens Changer pouches for the SL 35 and 90 for those times I don't want a bag swinging around or want the weight off my shoulder. The model 35 (linked below) will swallow the 35SL, even with the wide lens hood attached, and will barely scarf up the 90 with its lens hood out front. They come with a fold-away rain cover, which is completely detachable if you want to save weight. No attachment points for a strap, though they do nicely on a belt, the wider the better.

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/lens-changer-35-v3-0

• Thanks 1