Q3 video quality degrades over 5 minutes

axio

Advertisement (gone after registration)

23 hours ago, BJohn said:

I will try it out at the weekend but as of now, I hadn't recognised any issues with Q3 videos.

19 hours ago, nariza7 said:

Yeah, ill definitely try to test it out too as the video side of the Q3 is important to me for quick family vids. 

Thanks for testing it. That will tell me if this is a common phenomenon or if I have a lemon.

It is also good to know that I don't need to try 4k, which uses h.264 according to the menu.

I am curious if the ProRes option offers more consistency. Perhaps I shall really try it on a static video.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve recorded easily over 50 videos so far with the C4K at 29.98 fps and will record for hour long sessions, obviously with the 29 minute recording so I restart it. But I’ve never had any issues with quality. There are some limitations with usability when there are a lot of subjects in motion but all within expectations for a 60 mp fixed lens compact camera. The image stabilization can cause some jello like wobbles but nothing where the sharpness or the focus point melts. I also shoot in L LOG ALL I or in 4k H264 when I’m just shooting a quick family video and want to transfer it to my phone. 

seeing the actual video instead of single frames at 800% would be helpful in diagnosing what if any issue exists. 

I just recorded 27 minutes in C8K to the internal SD and oversampled C4K to the Ninja V+. No quality degraded throughout. The internal and external recording were very close except a bit more contrast and shadow detail in the external recording due to the 422 depth. 

i shot in auto focus and manual focus. 

powered externally using a 99 WH V mount battery powering both the Ninja and the Q3