AF-L bug in Q3

Bent

Well, as you say, it's an On/Off switch, so one push turns the focus on, next push turns focus off. This I do not find useful. What I am looking for is to disengage the shutter release button as a focus button, - so that it only works to expose an image. And then to use another button for setting the focus.

Who is talking about faffing??? If this is none of your interest, you are not obligated to respond. The camera is equipped with auto focus, if you dont't want to use it, fine with me. But I do appreciate the power of auto focus, and would like the use of a button to set focus and for the exposure button only to expose the image. 

• Thanks 1

One of the (fairly) recent Q2 firmware updates implemented a half-decent back button focus (after a few years of threads here of people, including myself, being frustrated). I don’t have a Q3 (nor Q2 anymore) but if I understand correctly it has reverted to the original Q2 implementation that it simply locks focus for only one shot. Maybe Leica will fix this eventually for the Q3.

• Like 2