Q3 in camera jpeg processing?

Miltz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can the Leica Q3 process a raw image after it's taken into a jpeg? On all my other cameras, Nikon, Ricoh, Olympus I can convert a raw file into a jpeg after I take it with whatever jpeg settings I want. I don't see this option on the Q3. I took a photo in raw today that looks really good on the rear screen because it's showing a jpeg preview with iDR and I love the way it looks. When I open the image in camera raw it looks different exposure wise, so I tried to just covert the raw file into a jpeg in camera but no luck, same with the photos app. I can send it to my iPhone but only as a DNG without Leica's iDR and color profile. Can someone help? Thank you.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Miltz:

Can the Leica Q3 process a raw image after it's taken into a jpeg? On all my other cameras, Nikon, Ricoh, Olympus I can convert a raw file into a jpeg after I take it with whatever jpeg settings I want. I don't see this option on the Q3. I took a photo in raw today that looks really good on the rear screen because it's showing a jpeg preview with iDR and I love the way it looks. When I open the image in camera raw it looks different exposure wise, so I tried to just covert the raw file into a jpeg in camera but no luck, same with the photos app. I can send it to my iPhone but only as a DNG without Leica's iDR and color profile. Can someone help? Thank you.

Just edit in post. That's the whole point of shooting raw, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Miltz said:

Yes that is something I can do with my Ricoh GRIII and it is super useful.

You can always shoot RAW+JPEG but it is not as smooth as generating a JPEG with ANY profile available from the camera. 

Thank You all for the replies. Editing raw images isn't something I always want to do, especially for snapshots. Shooting raw and jpeg on the Q3 isn't really an option as we are already dealing with massive files, adding to that isn't ideal. Perhaps they will add it later on in firmware, or at least allow it via the photos app which would also make sense. I want to add that the Adobe Color profile in Adobe Camera raw DOES NOT match the Standard color profile for the Q3. I find this VERY odd, as every other camera I had has had matching colors when the same profile is selected. How do we get standard color profile in Adobe Camera Raw?