TTARTISANS 90mm f1.25

jto555

• 3 weeks later...

And now for an update! The Gravity Post...

I had my camera on a Holdfast Moneymaker strap and the shoulder strap buckle opened up and dropped my camera and lens onto the floor. No damage to the camera but the bayonet mount on the lens broke. This probably saved the camera as all the force went into the lens mount. I emailed TTArtisian looking to buy a new mount and I did not hold out much hope of a response. My 90mm F1.25 was looking like being an expensive paperweight. My email was sent on Friday afternoon which was after close on business in HK and on Monday morning my time I got a response. I was delighted. To cut a long story short my new bayonet is on its way to me from China. It may take a few weeks to get to me but it is on the way and at a cost of $21 including shipping. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

You're very lucky. I'd strongly urge you to carefully check any strap before going out with it. A couple of years ago I had a leather one on my Nikon F5 break, and it was pretty costly to repair the damaged mirror box. Thank goodness the lens was ok. Since then I've been very careful to check whatever strap I'm using before going out...especially leather ones. Old leather deteriorates, so I've egun replacing old ones with new leather which I've sized, cut and prepared myself.

On 11/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, spydrxx said:

You're very lucky. I'd strongly urge you to carefully check any strap before going out with it. A couple of years ago I had a leather one on my Nikon F5 break, and it was pretty costly to repair the damaged mirror box. Thank goodness the lens was ok. Since then I've been very careful to check whatever strap I'm using before going out...especially leather ones. Old leather deteriorates, so I've egun replacing old ones with new leather which I've sized, cut and prepared myself.

I was an hour into my shoot when it happened.  As you can see in the photo if the strap moves up at all, the pin in the buckle will not hold the leather tight. This now opens the buckle and the strap lets go. I am going to put a pop rivet into the strap, at the buckle, which will stop it opening, permanently.

I love the strap but it is a design flaw. Or to put a positive spin on it, an opportunity to improve the strap!

Edited by jto555

Just a final wrap-up. The mount arrived today in the post from TTArtisan and is already on the lens. I readjusted the focusing and the lens is now back up and running. Luckily for me an easy fix and I am delighted that TTArtisan were able to send me the parts.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This shot at about f2 on the TTArtisan 90mm F1.25 and lit with a gridded beauty dish.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The same as above for the close up.

• Like 3