Third party remote shutter

biswasg

54 minutes ago, biswasg said:

I need a remote to trip the shutter. Leica's Photos App is unreliable and does not work all the time.

MIOS with Panasonic plugs works: 

As well as Pocket Wizard II and III: 

And likely many more; those workibg with Panasonic usually works with Leica as well. But note that you need an adapter plug going from a Panasonic compatible trigger to Leica, see the MIOPS post linked above. 

29 minutes ago, helged said:

MIOS with Panasonic plugs works: And likely many more; those workibg with Panasonic usually works with Leica as well. But note that you need an adapter plug going from a Panasonic compatible trigger to Leica, see the MIOPS post linked above. 

Many thanks for your helpful reply. I have one related question. I need the remote to repeteadly trip the shutter to make multiple images as in astrophotography. Does Leica's original remote cable CABLE RC-SCL6 or the suggested panasonic trigger or MIOS allow this to be done, or will I need to keep pressing the remote shutter repeatedly?

42 minutes ago, biswasg said:

Many thanks for your helpful reply. I have one related question. I need the remote to repeteadly trip the shutter to make multiple images as in astrophotography. Does Leica's original remote cable CABLE RC-SCL6 or the suggested panasonic trigger or MIOS allow this to be done, or will I need to keep pressing the remote shutter repeatedly?

MIPOS have intervalometer, Pocket Wizard not (as far as I can remember). You can also use the intervalometer embedded in the SL-bodies.

29 minutes ago, helged said:

You can also use the intervalometer embedded in the SL-bodies.

I forgot about that. Indeed a solution to try. Thanks for reminding.

On the issue of the remote, basically it is a switch to trip the shutter relay. So, any remote should work if it connects to the right points of hte TRRS, no?

3 minutes ago, biswasg said:

I forgot about that. Indeed a solution to try. Thanks for reminding.

On the issue of the remote, basically it is a switch to trip the shutter relay. So, any remote should work if it connects to the right points of hte TRRS, no?

Yes. At least in principle. The problem is that there isn't one fixed protocol for the TRRS-plug. If you use triggers for Panasonic, with an plug-adapter, things should - and most likely will - work. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This thread and the above Jan 2021 thread helped me find a cost-effective solution to finding a wireless remote trigger for my SLS-2.  I also found that the Leica Fotos (iOS) app is unreliable and too prone to lock-ups and loss of connectivity to be useful.  After some searching and false starts, I discovered this relatively cheap product on Amazon which works very well so far.  There are two of this Pixel device compatible with Panasonic on Amazon - but only one will work with the SL2-S (and I assume the SL2) - it is the one that names the S5, S1, G95…in its list of compatible Panasonic cameras.  The other Pixel Panasonic remote lists a different set of Panasonic cameras.  You will also need the 4-pole 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter mentioned in the above Jan 2021 thread  - available on Amazon and elsewhere.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjGqqyBt-3-AhUMXMAKHTkwAdsQFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FPixel-Wireless-Intervalometer-Shutter-Panasonic%2Fdp%2FB08BF7HLQB&usg=AOvVaw34qmElXLFCX2b0sFFFUkkp

I hope this is helpful to someone.