Hello from Canary Island

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone from Tenerife · Canary Islands

I'm thinking to change the gear from Fuji to Leica M system. I'm a storyteller and i love to work with a range finder style to have my other eye free to see the rest out of the frame. But i have some doubts that maybe from here will be resolve :) 

I would love to read your opinions and recommendations.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hugs

Hello and welcome Jose,

I don't have any recommendation concerning Leica M.

If you don't try, you would never see if this suits you or not.

Anyway where you live is paradise for photography (..ers) and people who lives there.

I've been there so many times and still want to go there : Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, La Palma, Gran Canaria, so five of seven Islands ( less Gomera/El Hiero we plan to go when we can).

kids are happy and so photogenic

Arnaud

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

Welcome Jose

Is it film or digital you want? or both, do you wish to shoot colour or black & white. If film then a second hand M2 or M3, but you will have to meter separately.

Digital - check out what other folks are saying on the forum, I can't recommend a colour digital M as my M is a Monocrom 246

Good luck with your quest & happy shooting!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Hello and welcome Jose,

I don't have any recommendation concerning Leica M.

If you don't try, you would never see if this suits you or not.

Anyway where you live is paradise for photography (..ers) and people who lives there.

I've been there so many times and still want to go there : Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, La Palma, Gran Canaria, so five of seven Islands ( less Gomera/El Hiero we plan to go when we can).

kids are happy and so photogenic

Arnaud

Thanks you so much for your answer, yes you are right, if i don't try it I never see is this is for me. 

In the past I used some M6 and i love the experience, that why i considering, because was a wonderful experience :)

That´s true, Canary Island are amazing. I was born here, them I stay living in england and in germany to study and work, but for me nothing like the Island i i came back again, now my wife and I, we buyer a little house into the mountains and we are really happy here, well you can see some of my actual pics (I have a 52 frames challenge for this year, one pic a week of the surroundings of our home :) ) in my instagram @josechiyah

I encourage you to visit the islands that you have yet to see

hugs.

13 hours ago, Pintpot said:

Welcome Jose

Is it film or digital you want? or both, do you wish to shoot colour or black & white. If film then a second hand M2 or M3, but you will have to meter separately.

Digital - check out what other folks are saying on the forum, I can't recommend a colour digital M as my M is a Monocrom 246

Good luck with your quest & happy shooting!

Thanks you for your answer, I love both film and digital. I stayed considering to have both system but for the prices i need to go bit a bit, maybe first a digital one to use to work, because here the people don´t like to paid for film they say is to expensive, and here in the island is really expensive to buy the rolls.

I have really big doubts, because i love film, so i emulate film from digital (but is not the same) Maybe my perfect camera for the moment talking in digital will be M10D but i didn't found it to buy it :)

Thanks for the recommendation 

Hugs

• Like 1