M246 Software Issues / ISO and Firmware Update not selectable

reddott

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Reaching out hoping someone has some insight to issues I'm experiencing with my M246 Monochrom.  Today when I turned the camera on, it went immediately into Live View mode.  Pressing the Live View button had not effect.  I removed the battery and replaced it hoping that this would reset the camera.  When I turned it on, it still had the same issue.  Using the menu in the camera I selected reset and it resolved the Live View issue.  Then I noticed that I could not change the ISO settings. It is set to Auto.  Pressing the select button brings up the info screen instead and it shows ISO set to 2000. I decided to check for a Firmware update and downloaded the most recent version.  Formated the card in camera and copied the firmware to the card, reinserted into the camera and scrolled to Firmware in the menu.  Just like ISO, I cannot select the Firmware menu item to update the firmware.  The selection button works for every other menu item.  It seems only ISO and Firmware are not selectable.  If anyone has any experience with these issues or something similar I would greatly appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

@reddotta couple of things.  First, I have tried to re-update firmware before.  If the firmware is loaded, the camera does not enable the ability to load the same firmware again.  So, that behavior is expected.

I wonder if on your M246 the buttons have gotten something stuck in between them that the are not making contact.  Like something spilled in the camera or something otherwise compromised the buttons. 

You may need to send to Leica :(   You can also try to leave the battery out for a week while the internal battery drains, fully resetting it, but that seems like a long shot…