Favorite Digital Camera for Film Lovers?

bags27

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/30/2021 at 2:54 AM, IanH said:

I sold a superb M6 and with the proceeds cycled through a Sony RX1R, X100F and a M262-MD. All had good aspects, but flaws in my opinion. The M262 was possibly the biggest surprise because I thought it would be “the one”. Unfortunately the fat body after a film m felt like too much of a compromise.

so… I also purchased a Ricoh GR with the ASP-C sized sensor straight after the M6 sale. It was a revelation. I had had the film GRs in the past but the lens quality, speed and ergonomics of the digital GR was addictive. It was also inconspicuous and didn’t need gaffa tape to be stealthy. I would recommend the GR for any one that just wants to enjoy shooting and likes, or is willing to try, a 28mm FOV.

I have a x100v for sale on eBay at present, same size as my M2, but it doesn’t inspire me to shoot like the M2 or GR.

Very similar to my story, right down the the M262 M-D. The Ricoh GR3 and the GR3x are quite simply the most fun cameras I have used in a long while. 

• Like 1