21mm lens for M10

Seba66

21 Mandler E60 is a very good performer, color rendition is rich and dense, 3D image, soft corners, biting center; there are suddenly lot of lenses which are not perfectly centered and you'll go got different corner rendition (not in color, in sharpness), so beware when choosing one.

21SEM is stellar, remind me to the Elmarit 19R 2nd version...and a little better

21 Skopar is a good lens, with average very good sharpness, no so prone to flare as many have written in the web but image rendition is dull, you need some tweak in post production.

21 Elmarit ASPH is almost perfect, rendition is Mandler like but, sharpness is Koelsch like, corners are a bit soft not really a concern

I love 21 lenses :)

• Like 2

Am 22.10.2021 um 08:20 schrieb sarav:

21 Skopar is a good lens, with average very good sharpness, no so prone to flare as many have written in the web but image rendition is dull, you need some tweak in post production...

I think you are talking about the old f4 Skopar 21mm, then you are right.
The new f3.5 one is as "stellar" as the SEM was.
I owned both.

PS: I can't understand the hype regarding the Leica lenses

On 10/24/2021 at 12:59 PM, cp995 said:

PS: I can't understand the hype regarding the Leica lenses

Its not really hype for me. I got into leica for the lens offering: small, convenient, high performing….. it allows for almost all of the flexibility I desire. Turns out the lens system matches best to the leica body. Maybe the hype comes from those who just want to shoot leica verse those driven to it as a tool.  So with that I’d likely not go for any non leica lens where leica has a strong price performance  offering.   IMO The 21 SEM is a strong price performer, it’s one of the lower cost lenses. The 21 f1.4 is a different story. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rsolomon said:

Its not really hype for me. I got into leica for the lens offering: small, convenient, high performing….. it allows for almost all of the flexibility I desire. Turns out the lens system matches best to the leica body. Maybe the hype comes from those who just want to shoot leica verse those driven to it as a tool.  So with that I’d likely not go for any non leica lens where leica has a strong price performance  offering.   IMO The 21 SEM is a strong price performer, it’s one of the lower cost lenses. The 21 f1.4 is a different story. 

But clearly stated as outside of the op budget.

Hence the 2 very specific lenses mentioned which are at a much lower price point.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, steve 1959 said:

But clearly stated as outside of the op budget.

Hence the 2 very specific lenses mentioned which are at a much lower price point.

Fair point….. I was responding to the comment  on whether leica lenses are ‘hype’. Clearly there are alternatives