Puzzled

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can someone tell me what this item is for? I've had a couple of them around for quite some time and I think they came with my Leica screen protectors. There is a mild adhesive on the non-logo side.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

19 hours ago, war said:

Just stick it on your forehead.

I can't do that. Everybody would know I'm shooting with a Leica. We're supposed to hide those red dots and be incognito. 

I think I've figured it out. The clear protector goes over the LCD to keep it from getting scratched and these pads go over the clear protector to keep it from getting scratched. Yeah, that's it.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brent: nearly right! On the one for my M240, if you peel back the small matt central rectangular area with the red dot on, on the card below you will find the words CLEANING PAD. I think it's what you are supposed to use on the screen before you stick on the protector film. I've still got one. Either that, or you're supposed to use it to clean the film itself once it's on the camera. I don't know which - I bought my protection film from the Leica Berlin shop, and they kindly put it on for me and gave me the bits left over.

EDIT: I think it must be for cleaning the film itself once it's in place. I've just found the instructions and contents list that came with it. Contents were "2 display protection foils, 1 cleaning pad, microfibre cloth".

Looking at the instructions, I think you use the cloth to clean the camera display, so this little pad must be for dabbing at the film once it's in place.

Edited by masjah
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, masjah said:

Brent: nearly right! On the one for my M240, if you peel back the small matt central rectangular area with the red dot on, on the card below you will find the words CLEANING PAD. I think it's what you are supposed to use on the screen before you stick on the protector film. I've still got one. Either that, or you're supposed to use it to clean the film itself once it's on the camera. I don't know which - I bought my protection film from the Leica Berlin shop, and they kindly put it on for me and gave me the bits left over.

EDIT: I think it must be for cleaning the film itself once it's in place. I've just found the instructions and contents list that came with it. Contents were "2 display protection foils, 1 cleaning pad, microfibre cloth".

Looking at the instructions, I think you use the cloth to clean the camera display, so this little pad must be for dabbing at the film once it's in place.

John, I'm afraid you've take this to a much higher level, that is, to actually try to figure it out......................Please stay calm and loosen up 

Regards, Wally

• Haha 3

On 8/6/2021 at 9:16 AM, masjah said:

I was still curious so I emailed Josh Lehrer at Leica Store Miami and he gave me the definitive answer. The gummy side is supposed to be used to smooth out air bubbles when applying a new screen protector. Funny they don't tell you that in the instructions that come with the protectors.

53 minutes ago, fotografr said:

I was still curious so I emailed Josh Lehrer at Leica Store Miami and he gave me the definitive answer. The gummy side is supposed to be used to smooth out air bubbles when applying a new screen protector. Funny they don't tell you that in the instructions that come with the protectors.

Brent, now that is strange, because the instructions I've got clearly show a diagram with the edge of a credit card being used to push any bubbles out to the edge of the film!

• Haha 1