SL2 Image Stablization/Lens Profiles Greyed Out

cgolovac

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have several Cine-modded R lenses and for some reason no matter the adapter I use (Sigma MC-21 or Fotodiox), the lens profile and image stabilization both go grey.

Does this just mean that non-Leica adapted lenses do not have image stabilization? I thought if I selected the R lens before I put on the adapter would help, but it just greys out all options.

You can assign Manual the R lens in the menu and sensor stabilization is back on.

you don't get any profile correction of vignetting and distortion. those are reserved to R lenses with ROM contacts in combination with the Leica R to L adapter. 

6 hours ago, jaapv said:

There are no R lenses with image stabilization and non-Leica adapters do not transmit ROM  information -assuming your R lenses have a ROM. 

Right - they have been cine-modified to EF mount so they can not transmit data. But does that mean that any vintage lens or PL mount lens can not use the internal IS of the sensor?

2 hours ago, Photoworks said:

You can assign Manual the R lens in the menu and sensor stabilization is back on.

you don't get any profile correction of vignetting and distortion. those are reserved to R lenses with ROM contacts in combination with the Leica R to L adapter. 

The problem is that I can not select what lens I have attached through the adapter - "Lens Profile" is just greyed out.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

46 minutes ago, cgolovac said:

Right - they have been cine-modified to EF mount so they can not transmit data. But does that mean that any vintage lens or PL mount lens can not use the internal IS of the sensor?

the sigma MC-21 has contact

I use it with Cine lenses with no contacts by covering them on the adapter.

You should be able to set your lens now

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

the sigma MC-21 has contact

I use it with Cine lenses with no contacts by covering them on the adapter.

You should be able to set your lens now

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

THIS WORKS!!!

Hahaha, absolutely wild. For how much we spend on these camera's, it's crazy to think we can outsmart them with just a little bit of tape.

Thanks so much for the help on this! Been looking for an answer for a while now.

You can also look for EOS adapters that don't have contacts. They are cheap enough that you can dedicate one to each lens. That's what I do for my EOS-converted Rollei QBM lenses, although I guess I should convert them back now that you can get Rollei-to-L Mount adapters.