Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, M9reno said:

What about MP6 and M6J?

I don’t think any of these are unloved. They simply appear in the respective ”I love my M_" threads for the camera families in which they belong, so you have to search... 😊

I did mention the MP6 if you look at the title again ... the M6J somehow didn’t strike the same chord for me 🤷‍♂️
Maybe if they released it in BP also. 

Show us your beauties in this thread, they deserve their own showcase 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As Al, has pointed out, these cameras have featured numerous times in the correct "I love my M.." threads. Rather than go down the route of creating a new thread for every single variation of M camera (or arbitrary grouping of variations) it might be better to stick to the existing threads (it's never too late to join in those and they always benefit from a fresh bump) or create a thread with more crossover appeal – e.g. "I love my black paint M" or something like that. Just IMO of course.

Edited by wattsy
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, wattsy said:

As Al, has pointed out, these cameras have featured numerous times in the correct "I love my M.." threads. Rather than go down the route of creating a new thread for every single variation of M camera (or arbitrary grouping of variations) it might be better to stick to the existing threads (it's never too late to join in those and they always benefit from a fresh bump) or create a thread with more crossover appeal – e.g. "I love my black paint M" or something like that. Just IMO of course.

I have no problems in joining the existing threads, as I usually do, but sometimes I don't feel the need to scroll many pages to see something specific I'm looking for. Which, to me, is the point of creating a new perspective as it encourages participation and discussion by surfacing a particular topic.

"I love my black paint M" could very well sit within the existing threads, following your logic, but is indeed a new perspective. I do like the idea of a Black Paint thread. For my original intent, it would exclude posters like Matlock above, with a beautiful chrome sample, but I really do like the idea of a BP thread. Brassing included.

As this is a rather niche topic, let's leave it to natural selection. If people want to post their special edition bodies here, so be it, if they want to stick to the respective threads, so be it. From what i gather, the MP3 was limited to 1000 copies, M3J was limited to 200, and the MP6 300-400 copies, so we won't be seeing a whole lot of activity in any case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The MP3 is the last MP I want, I have the other 3 dream MP's. The Black Paint, Anthracite and the Hammertone.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Black Paint MP with the35mm Corn Black Paint "Ara Guler" version No12/50 and one more of the Mammertone...

 

Edited by M10Alpine
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never understood the appeal of either Hammertone or Anthracite finishes but I guess we all like different things. I do, however, like the shape of the 35 Summicron ASPH that came with one (or both?) of these editions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wattsy said:

I've never understood the appeal of either Hammertone or Anthracite finishes but I guess we all like different things. I do, however, like the shape of the 35 Summicron ASPH that came with one (or both?) of these editions. 

 

    ...you, Sir, sound like a real-world photographer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 10:49 AM, M10Alpine said:

The MP3 is the last MP I want, I have the other 3 dream MP's. The Black Paint, Anthracite and the Hammertone.    

That will indeed be the set to have and to shoot with. And maybe the original MP someday. 

Bill - weren’t you behind the MP3 and the Hammertone projects with Leica? @derleicaman

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...