Lightroom on an iPad

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some questions:

Is Lightroom a full feature software for

the iPad?

Is Lightroom worth the effort on an iPad?

Would you make it your only post processing setup?

Do you need a separate monitor?

Any other issues or advantages?

Thanks for your help.  

as always: it depends. It depends on your expectations and requirements.

I decided recently to move away from LR classic fully into the cloud. The handling is very convinient, 1TB for photos ok and development functions good for me. The only real thing I do miss is the print module. But I found a good alternative. 

I use it on both, an iPad and a Mac.

If you process regulary a high nbr of photos and work with presets and  automation functions the classic version might be better.

hoho

I solely use the iPad version. Almost never use my iMac for processing anymore. Too fiddly and since it is only a hobby, I do not see the need to use my iMac. But that will differ per person! :) I often switch between Lightroom and Raw Power on the iPad. I do use an iPad Pro 11" model. 

21 minutes ago, h2o2 said:

as always: it depends. It depends on your expectations and requirements.

I decided recently to move away from LR classic fully into the cloud. The handling is very convinient, 1TB for photos ok and development functions good for me. The only real thing I do miss is the print module. But I found a good alternative. 

I use it on both, an iPad and a Mac.

If you process regulary a high nbr of photos and work with presets and  automation functions the classic version might be better.

hoho

I did not think about printing which I do a lot. What solution did you find?  I use qimage to print on a laptop.  Can cloud storage be bypassed and photos saved on the iPad?  I assume there is a fee for cloud storage. 

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Franka373:

I did not think about printing which I do a lot. What solution did you find?  I use qimage to print on a laptop.  Can cloud storage be bypassed and photos saved on the iPad?  I assume there is a fee for cloud storage. 

https://www.silverfast.com/printer-software/en.html

the ipad, iphone, mac/pc version and the web-interface require the photos in the lightroom cloud. The functions do not work with photos on local storages. 

maybe the description is technically not 100% correct, but at the end your photos will be in the cloud.

Edited by h2o2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/28/2020 at 5:17 PM, Franka373 said:

You could definitely save locallyon your ipad or on wireless network. A lot of functions are available in the free version, however the fee is €4,99 per month. I think it’s acceptable. 
And for sure it’s cheaper than taking up golf....