Jump to content
faxao

Alternative lens hood for TL-35 Summilux 1.4

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got an almost mint, pre-loved TL-35 Summilux for my CL and was wondering whether is there any lens hood alternative to the original 12429 one that you would suggest (meaning more unobtrusive, smaller). Thanks vm for your suggestions !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Unobtrusive” would not be good description of the 35/1.4 TL with no hood at all. One might as well use the hood designed for it, or no hood. 

The provided hood is quite well done. I can’t see not using it, but I also don’t get the point in ordering a diet coke with a double meat cheeseburger, LOL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try one of these from Thorsten Overgaard if it appeals... I don’t bother using anything on mine.

https://www.overgaard.dk/Thorsten-von-Overgaard-Gallery-Store-Hardware-for-Photography-E60-60mm-Ventilated-Lens-Shade-for-Leica-Noctilux-M-and-75mm-summilux-M.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuk! Not only missing a brass bell and blue flashing light, but senselessly vented too...🤢

 

 

On 6/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, faxao said:

(meaning more unobtrusive, smaller)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gregm61 said:

The provided hood is quite well done. I can’t see not using it, but I also don’t get the point in ordering a diet coke with a double meat cheeseburger, LOL...

There is a point to the Diet Coke. I prefer its taste over regular Coke or Coke Zero or Coke No Sugar or any of the other Coke varieties. What I don’t get is ordering a caffeine-free Coke variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 hours ago, ruskkyle said:

You could try one of these from Thorsten Overgaard if it appeals... I don’t bother using anything on mine.

https://www.overgaard.dk/Thorsten-von-Overgaard-Gallery-Store-Hardware-for-Photography-E60-60mm-Ventilated-Lens-Shade-for-Leica-Noctilux-M-and-75mm-summilux-M.html

To be fair, this hood is also available in black or silver to better match your lens - and the black version is cheaper! No safari green version of this hood.

Edited by AdHox
Nobody needs to see that red hood again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AdHox said:

There is a point to the Diet Coke. I prefer its taste over regular Coke or Coke Zero or Coke No Sugar or any of the other Coke varieties. What I don’t get is ordering a caffeine-free Coke variety.

What I don't get is ordering Coke at all. All varieties contain a hefty dollop of Orthophosphoric Acid 85%, offset by sugar or artificial sweetener (which are suspected of being low-grade carcinogens).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy