Alternative lens hood for TL-35 Summilux 1.4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got an almost mint, pre-loved TL-35 Summilux for my CL and was wondering whether is there any lens hood alternative to the original 12429 one that you would suggest (meaning more unobtrusive, smaller). Thanks vm for your suggestions !

“Unobtrusive” would not be good description of the 35/1.4 TL with no hood at all. One might as well use the hood designed for it, or no hood. 

The provided hood is quite well done. I can’t see not using it, but I also don’t get the point in ordering a diet coke with a double meat cheeseburger, LOL...

You could try one of these from Thorsten Overgaard if it appeals... I don’t bother using anything on mine.

https://www.overgaard.dk/Thorsten-von-Overgaard-Gallery-Store-Hardware-for-Photography-E60-60mm-Ventilated-Lens-Shade-for-Leica-Noctilux-M-and-75mm-summilux-M.html

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Yuk! Not only missing a brass bell and blue flashing light, but senselessly vented too...🤢

On 6/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, faxao said:

(meaning more unobtrusive, smaller)

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Gregm61 said:

The provided hood is quite well done. I can’t see not using it, but I also don’t get the point in ordering a diet coke with a double meat cheeseburger, LOL...

There is a point to the Diet Coke. I prefer its taste over regular Coke or Coke Zero or Coke No Sugar or any of the other Coke varieties. What I don’t get is ordering a caffeine-free Coke variety.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 hours ago, ruskkyle said:

You could try one of these from Thorsten Overgaard if it appeals... I don’t bother using anything on mine.

https://www.overgaard.dk/Thorsten-von-Overgaard-Gallery-Store-Hardware-for-Photography-E60-60mm-Ventilated-Lens-Shade-for-Leica-Noctilux-M-and-75mm-summilux-M.html

To be fair, this hood is also available in black or silver to better match your lens - and the black version is cheaper! No safari green version of this hood.

Edited by AdHox
Nobody needs to see that red hood again.

5 hours ago, AdHox said:

There is a point to the Diet Coke. I prefer its taste over regular Coke or Coke Zero or Coke No Sugar or any of the other Coke varieties. What I don’t get is ordering a caffeine-free Coke variety.

What I don't get is ordering Coke at all. All varieties contain a hefty dollop of Orthophosphoric Acid 85%, offset by sugar or artificial sweetener (which are suspected of being low-grade carcinogens).

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments, I'll give a try to this Haoge 67mm, quite inexpensive compared to the Thorsten's ventilated, but much smaller and unobtrusive (or whatever you want to call it...) than the original Leica12429 hood

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M59O6UE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers !