Leica M8.2 Red Line problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone:
I own a Leica M8.2, I found some problems, there is a red line after the start of iso640, but this line is not very obvious, pay attention to the small one, but this red line makes me very upset and unhappy I like this Leica M8.2 very much. I found some information in other discussion forums. Some said that it can be solved by updating the firmware. Some said that they would return to Leica for processing. I really do n’t know what to do now. Now my Leica M8. 2 The firmware is 2.005. Should I upgrade to 2.024? I said in other discussions that the 2.024 firmware is problematic. What can I do now?

PS: The above is google transl, because my English is not good!😅 😅  😅  😅  😅  😅 

Edited by Stanley Chan

• 3 months later...

If you do not use at high ISO often,  you can remove in Photoshop as required.   My son had this problem and it went to Leica 3 times over 12 months to get it right.  On first or second trip,  they replaced the mask with M9 full frame one.  Took him a while to figure why he kept cutting off heads. If it happens again, he will do photoshop fix. Make an action to do it.

Am 5.3.2020 um 12:34 schrieb Stanley Chan:

Is the red line horizontal or vertical?
If it is vertical, it could be a similar phenomenon I noticed on my M8.2 a few years ago.
It was particularly noticeable when using ISO values higher than 320 and additionally increasing the exposure values and contrasts when enlarging parts in Lightroom or Photoshop.
Instead of long arguments with Leica Service, I was fortunate enough to switch to a modern M10-P after liquefying saved reserves.🙂