Problems with editing post, managing attachment.

mich

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tried to upload a picture in the Leica SL image thread(Post #8956). Normally I get a message when the picture size excedes the limit. Unfortunately I didn't doublecheck the size before I tried to upload, just later realized that is was too big. Nevertheless the system didn't scream STOP, so everything seemed to be ok. After saving the post there was no picture visible. So I thought, that the forum just refused to save the picture and all I had to do is to edit the post and attach another picture, this time with a correct size. WRONG! When I try to edit, the following message immediately pops up:

You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post. Manage Attachments to free up space

When I click on the link to my attachments I can see the failed attemps with following comment:

"No locations to display. The content may not have been saved yet or may have been deleted. "

So, nothing to manage there, because files weren't saved, but still the size of the failed upload blocks editing.

Refreshing the page, logging out and re-login didn't have any effect. So I marked the post as deleted.

Maybe it is a bug, maybe user error(well, at least partly 😌), any help is appreciated.

So I tried again, this time with a file size of 440 kb. Everything happened exactly as described above, again.

When I checked my attachments, the file size shown was 514kb, which is definitely way more than the actual file size. Did the forum software add some bytes??

This is frustrating!

Edit:

Things are getting more mysterious. I checked the file sizes of 2 earlier uploads that worked just as expected(#8954 and #8955),  both file sizes were reduced by ca. 20%. When I downloaded the files, the new file sizes were confirmed.

Edited by mich

• 2 weeks later...