Help! CL not recognising 11-23mm

g2van

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Would really appreciate some help here. Today I attached the 11-23mm on my CL and it won't fire the shutter. Here are the symptoms:

1) when powered on, the battery bar on the top screen blinks 4 times (on other T lenses that are recognised, this doesn't happen)

2) Aperture priority mode - can't chose aperture (shutter priority is fine)

3) Touch AF on LCD screen doesn't work

4) Lens Profiles is "Off" even when I select "Auto"

5) Optical Image Stabilization is "On"

6) In "Camera Information" menu, "Lens firmware version" is disabled

7) Tried wiping the contact points. No difference. 

My other T lenses all work just fine. I never dropped this lens, just put it away for a few weeks. Last time I used, all was good.

Confused. Please help!

I vaguely remember some kind of firmware issue with this lens on my TL2 or T (can’t remember which) after lens/body firmware updates  - I think I had to “force” an update onto the lens as there was an error of some sort. 

I think what solved it was taking the battery out of the body for a while then reinserting it with the lens already attached to the body. When it started up it updated the lens which had not happened when I just attached the lens in the normal way. Not sure if this would work here or not....but maybe? 

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

26 minutes ago, g2van said:

How can I resolve this? I can't find any firmware for the 11-23mm.

Lenses are not user-updatable. The camera takes care of it. Check if your camera is on the latest software. If not, update and see if it solves the problem. If that doesn‘t work, mount your lens on another CL (Leica dealer) and see if it works. If the problem still persists, send camera and lens to Leica. 

8 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Lenses are not user-updatable. The camera takes care of it. Check if your camera is on the latest software. If not, update and see if it solves the problem. If that doesn‘t work, mount your lens on another CL (Leica dealer) and see if it works. If the problem still persists, send camera and lens to Leica. 

Ah, thanks. I have the latest firmware 3.1 so I will try your other suggestion - thanks!