I have a new V-Lux 114. It doesn't zoom beyond 75 mm manually or with the zoom lever. Do I have a camera function set improperly that limits zoom?

ManKan928,

It is possible that you have macro zoom mode activated. Please see page 156 of the instruction manual in English.

Regards

Barto

Once it's working properly for you you might want to go into the menu and turn on the iZoom which, using interpolative software extends the long end of the zoom to 800 MM with remarkably good quality.

Thank you, stuny. Will you provide me with a bit more information? I don't see the "iZoom" option. Where is it located? Is the interpolative software in the camera operating system or is it installed separately?

Make certain that you are in recording mode, not playback mode.  Click the menu button.   In the Recording menu (top menu on the left hand side of the menu screen), go to the 6th of 7 pages.  It's at the top of the page.

May I add to the above reply, it will not be available if you are recording in RAW format; you must be recording exclusively in JPEG format.