12mm CV

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Sean,

Well technically the focus wasn't off on the second, rather I focused both between 1-2 meters. Since the 12 mm at f5.6 has more depth of field it seems like the 12 mm is sharper. So in other words, I'm agreeing

with your assessment. I find both rez and sharpness better on the 15mm, especially subjects that are close by.

rgds,

Etienne

Aha...I didn't realize that you were at F/5.6. If you mentioned that, I'm sorry I missed it. That explains it.

Cheers,

Sean

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

John the 12mm adapter just showed up. My god man this is about as cool as it gets my friend. i thought the WATE was great . Folks you have to get this be it using a filter or not it is also a great lens hood and the filetr setup is pure genius. i know Sean had some idea's on this one , great stuff guys. i just love this stuff

Guest guy_mancuso

I have a real issue and not sure what the heck to do . i super glued the orginal hood on and let me tell you it worked way to good. Maybe sneak some nail polish remover in there.

Also from the Wikipedia:

Acetone, which is sometimes found in nail polish remover, is a commonly available solvent capable of softening cured cyanoacrylate. Nitromethane is also an excellent solvent. Methylene chloride is the most effective but is toxic.

Low temperatures cause cyanoacrylate to become brittle. Cyanoacrylate's bonds can be weakened (allowing disassembly) by placing a glued object in a household freezer for several hours.

Guy, since I don't have the hood/adapter I'm not sure what you have glued together. If it wouldn't be harmed by low temperatures maybe the freezer trick is the first one to try. Also, methylene chloride is the active component of most paint strippers.

Bob.

turn a can of canned air upside down and spray, the resulting liquid will freeze many things and be quite brittle afterwards. You might be able to do this successfully, the metal parts will not be affected, you could put an old uv filter on to protect the glass, and spray carefully....

I think putting the lens in the freezer is not a good idea. condensation will form inside the lens when you bring it out.

acetone applied carefully should work too.

Sometimes the 12mm is just needed to capture the broad sweep, as interiors; no filter, no adjustments.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

a bit better one

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sometimes the 12mm is just needed to capture the broad sweep, as interiors; no filter, no adjustments.

At least you now have the choice to produce the image that you want with options under your own control; eg coded lens, UV/IR filter, Cornerfix, or do nothing with the lens and used as supplied. The 12mm can give alarming perspective issues with converging verticals, etc; but such things are also under your control but positioning camera back in a vetical plane, or good old Photoshop, as you wish to produce the image you want.

Guest guy_mancuso
I like the distortion the 12cv gives for goofing around. Should I sell my a 15cv and use the funds for the 12cv filter adapter and 15mm finder? Which would you keep? Many thanks!

Honestly they both are so very inexpensive compared to other lenses i would keep both unless you have a WATE already or the Zeiss 15. I have the 12 and the WATE and it really is a nice combo of wides, not much i would I would be lacking for in focal lengths.

Just think 12 is a 16 and 15 is a 20mm believe it or not that is a big difference in degrees of viewing