Neat trick for storing a spare SD card

Echo63

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After nearly 4 years of having my M240, I recently noticed that you can fit a spare card on top of the battery.

I haven't tried it with the standard baseplate, but it works with the MultiFunctionGrip.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

The standard baseplate won't close over a spare card. I should also point out that the camera won't write to the second card until you swap them over.

Too funny!!

After nearly 4 years of having my M240, I recently noticed that you can fit a spare card on top of the battery.

I haven't tried it with the standard baseplate, but it works with the MultiFunctionGrip.

attachicon.gifIMG_8417.jpg

Great find, wondering if use of micro sd cards with adapter, if second micro card without adapter would fit in standard cover.  

Great find, wondering if use of micro sd cards with adapter, if second micro card without adapter would fit in standard cover.  

It should do - micro SD cards are small enough that the closing mechanism shouldn't interfere with them - you might want a bit of blu-tac or similar to hold it in place so you don't lose it.

The standard baseplate won't close over a spare card. I should also point out that the camera won't write to the second card until you swap them over.

I haven't touched my stock baseplate since i got the MFG - I should have checked before posting.

I would assume most people realise the camera will not write to the second card (although i have seen the results from people who opened their waterproof camera while underwater - to change the memory card)

• Like 1

I've spent many years writing instructions for people to use software and have developed an enormous respect for the ingenuity they bring to developing theories of how things work and the blindingly obvious is sometimes the most astonishing revelation they would never have imagined. I'm sure I do it myself.

• Like 1

What about WiFi card? Anyone tried?

Toshiba Wifi card works ok with the standard baseplate (thats why theres a little plastic insert in the standard base) but the range isn't all that great, and the write speed on the card was very slow.

I haven't tried it with the MFG.

That is brilliant! I just tried it now with my Multi Function Grip (MFG) and it works. A slight change in that I taped the card to the base plate/grip so when I change the battery or take out the working card, the spare card will not fall out. With a WiFi card, the card is too tick for the standard base plate but will work with the MFG.