Price increase

pedaes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You might, others might not..your is a truly pompous assumption... Sit under a Rowan tree and relax with a Guinness...

Please leave out the condescension and racial stereotypes. You are quite welcome to come to Dublin any time and meet with me to see how un-pompous I am. We can meet with or without Guinness.

William

Maybe you subscribed 2 or more times using different email addresses. This has happened to me more than once !  :rolleyes:

I didn't subscribe. I presume that LFI have obtained my email address from Leica.

I've just unsubscribed (again, I think). Let's see if it sticks.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by wattsy
  • Like 1

Please leave out the condescension and racial stereotypes. You are quite welcome to come to Dublin any time and meet with me to see how un-pompous I am. We can meet with or without Guinness.

William

Obliged for the invite. We own the future, let's make it better for the next generation..L

Perhaps. I'd imagine that my insurance would be nullified before there's any question of legal action. But that's insurance, it involves more serious matters and larger sums of money than a magazine subscription.

I think there is some arguing at cross purposes in this thread. I know that you will contort yourself in any direction to defend anything Leica related but I'm not sure why you feel you have to defend LFI's honour in this regard.

Don't flatter Leica. I would be of the same opinion if we were discussing your subscription to Playboy.

BTW, Leica does not give out customer e-mail addresses to third parties.

As the price increases gradually work there way into the system and start making an impact in the pubs,fast food outlets and the lower end supermarkets the public outcry will be for another referendum.I may be completely wrong but once it starts to hurt I personally do not think Brexit will happen.The government will engineer it so as not to loose face. Whatever happens to the exchange rate prices will be very slow to fall if they do fall. The Uk public where hit with price rises due to decimalisation and Brexit or not the same will happen again. Whatever happens there will be many people who make lots of money out of it.I am putting the crystal ball away now and am of on a 10 mile walk in the English Lake District.

Entirely possible, but then I recall that most of the electorate have extremely short memories where economics is concerned and adapt, come what may. Interesting times ahead.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

William

Is that invitation open to anyone? My wife and I are touring Scotland and the UK next September, we're looking at flights with a 32 hour layover in Dublin. :)

Oh, I'm not really keen on Guinness though, yes, my Irish ancestors are spinning in their graves. :)

I am in Ambleside in the English Lake Districk for a couple of weeks walking. I bought a jacket and a few items in a shop I use on a regular basis. A short conversation turned to pos. price increase. I was told to expect increases in the new year of 10 to 15 % across most major brands. Interesting times. Or should I say expensive times. Watch out for when it effects cigarettes and drink.

I don't in any way want to get into the argument on this thread but as it's about LFI I'm a bit confused.

I always thought that this was a really good magazine and I'm annoyed that I don't subscribe to it.

I just get a bit of a feeling that some members seem to not like it - is this a fair assessment??

I have subscribed to LFI for many years but despair at the dearth of practical Leica content in recent years. Product reviews yes, but most features have dark and depressing themes with barely any photographic information or data. With an expected price rise in the UK, I doubt that I will renew my subscription.
  • Like 1

300 for £40 is a good deal but sadly at pushing £60 for 8 copies with the expected price increase I don,t think it's worth the money anymore.

Maybe it's me but magazines are not as interesting as they used to be .Amateur Photographer for example was almost compulsive reading many years ago especially Victor Blackmans column. David Bailey contributed with Begin with Bailey. As a rule most photographic magazines just push the latest bit of kit which in reality won't do a thing for your pictures. The internet is probably a better source of information than magazines have been. Forums especially this one are pretty good. www.luminous-landscape.com is also good. Personally I enjoyed Victor Blackman,a working press photographer who could talk the talk and walk the walk. Not that far removed from PaulMac in my opinion.

Edited by Guest

300 for £40 is a good deal but sadly at pushing £60 for 8 copies with the expected price increase I don,t think it's worth the money anymore.

Maybe it's me but magazines are not as interesting as they used to be .Amateur Photographer for example was almost compulsive reading many years ago especially Victor Blackmans column. David Bailey contributed with Begin with Bailey. As a rule most photographic magazines just push the latest bit of kit which in reality won't do a thing for your pictures. The internet is probably a better source of information than magazines have been. Forums especially this one are pretty good. www.luminous-landscape.com is also good. Personally I enjoyed Victor Blackman,a working press photographer who could talk the talk and walk the walk. Not that far removed from PaulMac in my opinion.

I got bored of AP, I really enjoy Black and White photography magazine though.

www.robertpoolephotography.com

I got bored of AP, I really enjoy Black and White photography magazine though.

www.robertpoolephotography.com

But where you reading it in the 60,s and early 70,s when it sold in decent numbers. Granted there wasn't a lot of competition for it.

Brexit price increases are about to "bite" in the UK . Walkers have announced that packets of crisps are to rise by £0.05 per packet about 10%.That will cause a bigger stir than the Leica price increase. I believe there is lots of comment on Facebook and Twatter.

Edited by Guest