Should I buy a new lens?

Westend_jon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you are more serious about money than photography, use the proceeds to pay bills - which a mortgage is.  If you are more serious about photography than money, use the proceeds to go on a photo destination workshop with a well known photographer/teacher/mentor that is a good fit for the kind of photography that you enjoy making.

You would not take money that is earmarked for your mortgage and buy a camera or lens with it, would you?  Why would you do the reverse and spend money that came from the sale of camera kit that gathers dust and spend it on the mortgage?

JMHO...

I've thought about a course and will look at that again. I've been taking photographs since I was 18 - starting with an ME super - and I'm 55 now so perhaps it's time to head back to school and learn some new things

Re. the film suggestions, speaking for myself this was nothing about elitism or snobbery.

If the OP has a couple of digital bodies and a fantastic selection of lenses and still feels something is missing, then if he/she hasn't already tried it a film M is something a bit different.

A genuine suggestion, and not intended to irritate!

Precisely!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

fair point - I don't need anything really so perhaps it's time to be sensible and pay the mortgage off....

No be a debtor like the US government when the dollar crashes.  The principle being borrow good dollars, pay off in cheap ones.  

Edited by tobey bilek