T lens adapter for Leica R mount lenses

Not that I've heard.

In my case, I use the genuine M-T adapter. Then an EOS to M, with an R to EOS adapter.

Dogs breakfast? You bet, but it's what I have, and it works.

Gary

Gary,

You are aware that there is a M-R adapter from Leica and Novoflex as well?

No need for using two EOS adapters to get from M to R.

I use the M-T and M-R adapters from Leica frequently with much succes as many others on the forum.

Edited by AndreasAM

Gary,

You are aware that there is a M-R adapter from Leica and Novoflex as well?

No need for using two EOS adapters to get from M to R.

I use the M-T and M-R adapters from Leica frequently with much succes as many others on the forum.

Andreas,

yes, I was aware of that, two reasons mean I use what I have. Frugality, and functionality. The EOS-LM adapter I have is "cost effective", cheap in other works, and it works. The reason I use EOS (and I don't even have an EOS camera), is that most of my astro fittings are standardised for EOS. Most lenses fit this mount, obviously by way of adapters, but most all fit. So I can mount a Contax lens (C/Y) on the camera via a cheap and simple additional adapter. Ditto with Nikkors, Pentx whatever, and so on.

And so it is with my scope fittings, most of my fittings relate to the EOS mount.

Gary

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sounds like logical explanation and thoughtful way of acquiring stuff!

With this combination you only miss the use of the left dial for zoomfocus, that's what you win in functionality with the Leica combination. it is very useful and I believe you use your M-lenses on the T.

Regards,

Edited by AndreasAM

Nope, the left dial works. Hmmmmmm, now you have me thinking, I know it works with the M lenses, but I also use the genuine M-T adapter.

Pretty sure it does work though, I recall using the left dial to get either 3x or 6x when using the T on the back of the telescopes.

Hmmmm, I will have to go check this, with my 50mm Summicron R. I'll be back, as Arnie would say.

Gary

You could be right,  Gary

Because you fitted the  Leica M-T adapter first, which has the electronic contacts. That is enough to engage it. My mistake.

Now if they would also incorporate the lens profiles for the M and R lenses in the firmware, like with the SL, then you need the M-R or T-R adapter from Leica. I know it will come some day for the T!

Edited by AndreasAM

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...