Church of Spilled Blood

richam

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Iconic church in St Petersburg; I'm sure many of you have a similar image.  Just wanted to post as an example of what's possible with the Leica C.  I'm consistently amazed at the quality images this little camera can produce.  Took some time in Photoshop getting rid of overhead wires, other than that just routine Lightroom adjustments.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Very nice, it looks almost like a painting from Canaletto in terms of colour and composition... you should take your Lecia C to Venice sometime! 

Looks like you did a bit of work with perspective as well, the domes look 'post correction'... but excellent work.

Edited by Bill Livingston
  • Like 1

Very nice, it looks almost like a painting from Canaletto in terms of colour and composition... you should take your Lecia C to Venice sometime! 

Looks like you did a bit of work with perspective as well, the domes look 'post correction'... but excellent work.

Venice? -- been there with the Leica C:  http://www.michaelrichardsphotography.com/galleries/cruises/k-africa-and-mediterranean/j-italy/f-venice/.  Here's proof:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I did the "Full" upright perspective correction in Lightroom, but the change did not seem drastic.  Not sure what you mean by 'post-correction'?  The top dome needed a lot of PS work as it had a cable right across it; I know it shows.

Thank you Michael. As I said, an excellent photograph.

By 'post correction' I meant the change in shape of the domes... by applying perspective correction, the domes have twisted somewhat... It doesn't detract from the overall picture, but it can be seen on each and every dome (as well as elsewhere). It isn't an issue as the picture as it stands looks stunning, it's just that I noticed it and so asked the question.

All the best,

Bill

Edited by Bill Livingston
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you Michael. As I said, an excellent photograph.

By 'post correction' I meant the change in shape of the domes... by applying perspective correction, the domes have twisted somewhat... It doesn't detract from the overall picture, but it can be seen on each and every dome (as well as elsewhere). It isn't an issue as the picture as it stands looks stunning, it's just that I noticed it and so asked the question.

All the best,

Bill

Bill, Thanks for the analysis.  I hadn't even noticed the distortion, but I can see the domes look bulged out up and to the right.  Will have to keep this in mind.  Live and learn, and I'm still at it.

• Like 1