Greatly impressed with Leica customer service

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi folks, I have recently posted in the landscape & travel section http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/showthread.php?p=2455390#post2455390 if your interested in my first post, of what I'm sure will be many.

I also wanted to share an experience of gratitude I experienced from Leica AG, who when presented with a report from my local authorised repairer regarding my M9 image sensor that had marks on it that could not be removed with cleaning. I requested the question be asked, as my camera had not even completed 900 actuations, and I had not used the camera in trying circumstances, if there could be consideration given as to a sensor replacement?

After a short period I received a call from my repairer that Leica had agreed to replace the sensor as a "gesture of good will" and would ship a sensor as soon as it was available.

I am most pleased to say, I collected my M9 this week and look forward to some fantastic spot free images in the near future.

A huge THANK YOU to Leica and The Camera Clinic in Melbourne, Australia for organising and supplying impeccable customer service and support.

Happy snapping!

Matt

• Like 1