I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

This is a VERY successful photo is a heavily photographs spot. Could compete with any of them. Consider making a nice wet print! Congrats!

Thank you Adam! I’m glad your film problem has been solved

Best regards

Jakob

• Like 2

Xpan, 45mm, Portra400@320, V800

BKK Nov. 2017

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Contax IIa, 1:2,8 f=35mm Biogon, Kodak Elite Chrome 100

• Like 16

Phil - your work in b&w on your website puts most of us in the shade - well, you know what I mean. Your images from frontera in Spain particularly caught my eye, but there is so much else to choose from.  

Since writing that i have kept clicking through - loughrigg, portugal, the dordogne, cumbria, and victoria Sth Yarra (especially Grace) the list goes on.  You have a unique eye.  There is something coherent and insightful about your images that I find quite rare.  And it makes me feel like an amateur snapshooter. 

Thank you for commenting on my domestic shots.  My excuse is that she is one of the finest people I have met.

Dan, thank you, I feel very humbled by your words. Especially given the excellence of your own website. There are many images, especially in the theatre, that would have required an immense amount of patience, dedication and skill. You have captured peak moments seemingly effortlessly - this is not something anyone learns overnight. I can't wait to see more of your work enhancing this most excellent thread.

I'd also like to add that the respect and love you feel for the lady (I'm assuming she's your partner) in the pictures shines through very strongly. Isn't photography wonderful when we can actually express something that we feel strongly? That's it, essentially - an exceedingly visceral medium.

• Like 4

When visiting Manly beach in December I stayed at a hotel next to the beach. The best light for taking pictures was very early on, maybe 5:30 am, with the Sun just showing on the Horizon. I have to admit though, that the mood and atmosphere was so enticing that I did not go to take pictures. I rather went for a walk on the beach, swimming and just enjoying life for a magic hour or so. So my earliest morning pictures are from about 8 am, after breakfast. 

MP, 35, Color Implosion, svn

C.

• Like 18

When visiting Manly beach in December I stayed at a hotel next to the beach. The best light for taking pictures was very early on, maybe 5:30 am, with the Sun just showing on the Horizon. I have to admit though, that the mood and atmosphere was so enticing that I did not go to take pictures. I rather went for a walk on the beach, swimming and just enjoying life for a magic hour or so. So my earliest morning pictures are from about 8 am, after breakfast. 

attachicon.gif171213_1_MP_0005.jpg

MP, 35, Color Implosion, svn

C.

Sounds like you made the right choices, Christoph! No-one ever said that light custom made for photography needed to be used for photography... especially where there is still plenty of good light around afterwards, as here.

• Like 3

Thank you Phil. I have no regrets and wonderful memories ... :)

Here's another picture...

MP, 35, Color Implosion, ns

Rgds

C.

• Like 16

A second run at "Opacity."

M5, VC 50mm 2.0 Heliar Classic, Rollei RPX 100, Rodinal 1/100 35mins (Semi-Stand)

• Like 16