How to avoid thin lines turning into dotted or dashed lines in print or display?

Alan--

File received. Thanks for the efforts.

Unfortunately, I've got nothing to add to what you discovered. I'm using PSCS4 and seeing exactly what you described.

I want to try opening the file in Capture One, but I'm between registrations at the moment with none active. I'm hoping to upgrade my computer before getting the C1 registrations straightened out, so it'll be another several weeks before I can see if it handles the image better--something I rather doubt.

I hadn't seen this before, but I think your summary is accurate. The 35 Summilux is just super sharp on the M9, and these lines are just about a pixel wide, so you get this interesting effect.

With luck and some more rescaling, maybe you can get the broken lines to disappear from the print. :)

It's a really delectable shot!

Edited by ho_co

Thanks Howard. Yes, I like this shot and was planning to make an A3 print before running into these issues when I test printed in smaller sizes. I wish there is some way to get rid of the moire. I'll try some of the moire removal tools, but wonder if they would work with "single pixal" artifacts. I'll keep plugging...

• Like 1