Advertisement (gone after registration)

My best set ups.

Telyt 400mm f5 with Televit,  and Telyt 200mm f4 with Focorapid.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

My best set ups.

Telyt 280mm f4.8 V3 with Televit,  and Elmarit 135mm f2.8 with Focorapid.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

My goodness, to my surprise, Focorapid even works with Summicron 90mm f2 lens head.   Just connect Focorapid directly to M240 (no Visoflex) and Summicron 90mm f2 lens head.

It will achieve infinite focusing to about 0.3M.  (some correction to my previous post for Elmarit 135mm f2.8 lens head closest focusing distance is about 0.5M)

In this set up, it is more useful than the Leica 16462 short focusing unit.

Edited by f3p5

Does it works with the Elmar 65 ?

I am not able to connect Elmar 65 lens head directly to Focorapid which has 33mmx0.75 thread.   

I used to have 49-33x0.75 step down ring.   

The designated focusing unit 16464 for Elmar 65 already looks and works well.   

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Focorapid, with proper step rings, can also be used for adapting enlarging lenses, 135mm or longer.

The most versatile equipment to play enlarging lenses is Leica Bellows II system which has many selection of front plates, the 16598 (46mmx0.75) and 16596 (LTM) are particularly useful.

Edited by f3p5

Does it works with the Elmar 65 ?

Probably not.   I have try Leica Bellows II with 16558 and Elmar 65 to compare.  

The Leica 16558 33mmx0.75 thread is about 15mm deep recessed from its front plate which is key to make Elmar 65 possible to be used on Bellows II to achieve infinite focusing. 

Unless, there is a special  46-33mmx0.75 step ring/adapter to be made which the 33mm thread is deep recessed into 46mm thread about 15mm.

Just to say, the Focorapid without Visoflex and Bellows II with Visoflex (must used) at theirs collapsed positions are about the same.

Edited by f3p5

Just found the Summicron 90mm f2 lens head on Focorapid directly, the aperture ring won't move freely unless the lens head loosed a bit from Focorapid first.

BTW, don't try to mount M camera on Bellows II without Visoflex or other adapters, even it can be mounted but will be hard or impossible to release the camera from Bellows II.

Edited by f3p5

Thanks for the pictures.... so, looks that Focorapid can be mounted directly on M240... no interferences (differently from Bellows II)...  well, on a tripod it can be still a no useless device... :)

Almost a disaster, some times ago I have mounted a adapter to Televit but found out I cannot take it off.   Almost destroyed my newly acquired Televit.   :)

Edited by f3p5

Thanks for the pictures.... so, looks that Focorapid can be mounted directly on M240... no interferences (differently from Bellows II)...  well, on a tripod it can be still a no useless device... :)

Bomber, Leica M3 won't mount on Focorapid directly, some interferences .  So, M240 probaly cannot.   I have mounted it on Sony A7 with M-E adapter without any problem.