First M240 RAW files released.

JCharlton

The RAW files look a lot better than anything we've seen thus far. I think what's throwing everyone off, is the jpeg handling, as the jpegs posted in every sample shot we've seen looked rather dull and flat. These RAW files look very pleasing, in my opinion.

• Like 2

I've been playing with the RAW file for about 15 minutes, and I'm surprised how well they preform in ACR (Adobe Camera RAW).

I blew the highlights out, but to demonstrate the pop and vibrance, see here:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2qurztt.jpg This sample is not full resolution, please see the OP for links.

• Like 3

DNG download stops at 36 MB :(

Anyone can mail the DNG or put it up somewhere else?

Thanks.

Mike

I have them saved on my computer, but I'm uploading them to a file sharing server for backup purposes only. I'll provide the link once the upload is complete.

• Like 1

any clue as to why the DNG file sizes are so big ???

presumably uncompressed .....

the bar shot is out of focus ...... the usual 50/1.4 issues wide open :rolleyes:

I hope he wasn't using the EVF ..... if he was it's useless .... or focussing on the cups...

Flowers is fine...... but seems to lack something that M9 images have .... or am I just deluding myself ....;)

I note he says he doesn't like the saturation and contrast of M9 files and that the M is better and more naturalistic ...... errrr .... which sounds to me like the output is a bit flat .......

Yet to see anything startlingly different to M9 images..... :(

Yet to see anything startlingly different to M9 images..... :(

Which can be taken as a positive.

I _think_ I'm seeing more DR, exposure latitude and finer resolution than my M9. But without a back to back with my presets in my conditions I'm just guessing.

Is that monster moire on the balcony structure? Showing as painted blue/orange stripes? Or are they really painted like that?

• Like 3

Is that monster moire on the balcony structure? Showing as painted blue/orange stripes? Or are they really painted like that?

It gave me pause too, but it must be painted panels behind the railings. The colors and pattern match the panels on the rest of the building.

Guest WPalank

the bar shot is out of focus ...... the usual 50/1.4 issues wide open :rolleyes:

(

Huh...:confused: look at the woman's eyeglasses and coffee cups.

Little did she know she would awake to become one of the most famous photographic subjects out there.

• Like 2