90mm macro adapter on M240?

danedit28

Yes... why ought it not work ? RF optic is "as usual", RF mechanism (though improved) has the usual specs, the important "triangle" for goggles (center of flange, centers of RF windows) is the same, 6 bit codes are always the same... I haven't it, but can't find any reason for problems... even the collapsibility without macro adapter is surely maintained (the tube doesn't protrude over flange)

The rectangular window on the goggles' mount becomes irrilevant on the M240, being the RF frames LED-lighted... but this isn't an issue, of course.

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Ok, funny man. Have you tried to mount the lens on your macro adapter? My lens do not mount anyway.

Correct. Lenses with the rear element protruding beyond the lens mount may not fit into the square opening of the 90 mm macro adapter. This is, for instance, the case for 35/1.4 asph. See a little down in this thread.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
It can also be used as a OUFRO too on any M lens except the distance scale will be on the bottom instead of top.

But one cannot use a lens with the Macro adapter when rear element of the lens protrudes behind the lens mount.

Nick

Edited by Nick_S

• 3 weeks later...

I would have thought it's an absolute no-brainer for Leica to re-troduce the OUFRO because it has real use on the M Typ 240 but then I've long given up trying to understand Leica's thought processes.

It is definitely the case that not every M lens can be mounted upside down on the macro adapter because the plunger which relays the focussing cam position to the camera through the adapter fouls with the focussing mount on some lenses.

• Like 1

I would have thought it's an absolute no-brainer for Leica to re-troduce the OUFRO because it has real use on the M Typ 240 but then I've long given up trying to understand Leica's thought processes.

It is definitely the case that not every M lens can be mounted upside down on the macro adapter because the plunger which relays the focussing cam position to the camera through the adapter fouls with the focussing mount on some lenses.

I think that, being OUFRO a simple spacer, they have taken into account that any 3rd party can make one (and I got a good Chinese OUFRO, infact) ; I would be no surprised if someone (Novoflex or Chinese) will make an "extendible OUFRO" with helicoid... something like the old OTZFO, but with M bayonet at both sides.... it would result very useful.

Check out the Novoflex M240 to Visoflex adapter. Not only does it give the space for adding a Visoflex directly to the M240, it also has spacers so it provided various Macro distances as well. Like an extendable OUFRO...

• Like 1