UV/IR for CV 15mm m-mount

joekurtz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This might be a silly question but can I use b+w uv/ir filters for lenses with the M8? OR do I need to buy Leica's uv/ir filters. I already have leica's filters for my 28 and 75 but what are my options for a CV 15 version2 52 mm filter size?

I guess Marumi is another maker...are any better or worse for the M8.

your help is appreciated.

joe

Edited by joekurtz

I was told by a Leica authorized dealer that the M8/M8.2's firmware is tuned for Leica's IR/UV filters. Many have written that they get very good results from the B+W IR/UV filter, some have even said that they can't tell a difference. When using lenses of other manufacturer, who knows what variable that will play as well. I've also read that anything 24mm and wider should definitely be used with Leica's filter. Hopefully, someone who has the lens can comment. Cheers. -Norm

This might be a silly question but can I use b+w uv/ir filters for lenses with the M8? OR do I need to buy Leica's uv/ir filters. I already have leica's filters for my 28 and 75 but what are my options for a CV 15 version2 52 mm filter size?

I guess Marumi is another maker...are any better or worse for the M8.

your help is appreciated.

joe

Edited by dNorm

Joe, I use both B+W and Leica filters. The B+W's are made by Schneider.

I don't find a difference, either. Sean Reid measures differences in his lens/filter tests, but they look small.

I wouldn't buy a cheap filter, tho. Stick to B+W or Leica.

Regards,