M8 Recertified Cameras - How Many Batteries?

No. You got to have at least two. These M8 batteries are rather small and won't last a day of eager shooting. The battery indicator is wildly optimistic and the batteries have a drastically reduced capacity after a few years.

A larger battery is what I am hoping for on a M9.

I think that the point is that M8s only come with one battery in the box. If John has found one with three, then that's a bonus.

Whether you need more than one battery, is another thing altogether.

A larger battery is what I am hoping for on a M9.

I'm not hoping for a bigger battery -- just more life from the same battery.

My guess is that evolutionary improvements in the efficiency of the camera electronics will do the trick. I used a D200 for a year before stepping up to a pair of D300s. Same model battery (in fact, a couple of the batteries I'm using in the D300s are spares I bought with the D200) -- but noticeably longer life, even with the D300's larger monitor and other more advanced features.

Battery life depends on how you're shooting. If you are taking shots quickly one after the other you'll get 550+ frames per battery.

Thats over 15 roles of film in old money.If I had been using KM64 I would have ran out of money before I had shot that many frames.

Brian:eek: