Return to green acres [for Louis and Azzo]

Alan Philpotts

Alan,

Thank you for thinking about us.

Lovely capture again and a lovely location too.

EDIT - Alan, if you permit me and this is only an opinion of mine of course.

IMHO, the light, time of day, cloud formation, mood and the lighter tree in the background with the tracks leading us towards it seem much nicer in the first ' Turning Green' post. As I said, it's just my opinion. :)

Edited by azzo

Ivan - Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree with it. :)

This was taken around noon on a sunny day [when you are supposed to put your camera away - unless you are Azzo and a master of the little shadow!]. The Turning Green shot was late afternoon and had the advantage of hazy sun. Also, after ten days the key highlight of hawthorn blossom in the far hedge was gone.

However, I received the Summaron just this morning and I was very keen to see how this fifty-five-year-old lens would cope with direct sunlight [when pointed due south at noon].

Best regards

Alan

" unless you are Azzo and a master of the little shadow!] " ...... :D

.... " However, I received the Summaron just this morning and I was very keen to see how this fifty-five-year-old lens would cope with direct sunlight [when pointed due south at noon]. " ...

..and after a ten minute walk, I think you and this lens handled well all issues. :)

Alan

Fascinating to see the difference just ten days makes to the growth of the tree. Imho, I think you need more contrast in this version, as the colours look a little flat. You should really keep at it as a project and collect pictures for the whole annual cycle!

LouisB