Leica C-Lux questions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I am eyeing the Leica C-Lux and I am looking for some answers from experienced owners:

-    does the Leica photo app work with this camera?

-    can I set up the Leica C-Lux so that it automatically transfers every photo I take to my iPhone?

-    are there any known dust-issues with the zoom lens?

Thanks!

I do not own a C-Lux but as far as I've seen in the Leica App, it supports the current C-Lux. Can't answer your second question. Concerning dust issues would advise to look on the internet for dust issues with the equivalent Panasonic camera (TS/TZ 200/202).

Best

Edited by rjans
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a C Lux and find that the Leica FOTOS app (on iOS and iPadOS in my case) works well.

I don’t use the app for its photo gallery features, but just as a mechanism to send my C Lux photos to my Apple Photostream to be imported into smart albums in the MacOS Photos app.

It’s not an automatic process, but it is fairly slick. You need to do the following:

- Turn on the wireless function on the camera (you’ll not want it running and consuming battery all the time)

- Start the app and attempt to connect to the camera; the phone and camera (previously paired) will use a bluetooth handshake to start a Wifi access point on the camera which the phone will then connect to

- Once connected, you’ll see thumbnails of all the pics on the camera

- Select the pics you want, click the export symbol and select the jpg image format; at this point the pics will take a little while to upload from the camera

- Then select ‘save images’ and they will be saved to your phone (and whatever other ecosystem you have which is triggered at this point when you take a pic with your phone)

Hope this helps.

CB