Thumbgrip?

I ordered the Leica grip at the same time as my camera. March 9. At B&H. I finally cancelled after two months waiting and got the Thumbs Up grip. I’m very happy with it, but I would like to see the Leica grip when it does show up. 

• Like 1

Seems like dumb business performance to show an accessory in March and not ship until September when the camera and alternative grips shipped months earlier. Leica missed the initial wave of buying. I now have zero interest in the Leica grip because I’m very happy with the new Thumbs Up made for the Q2

• Like 2

I wondered about getting the thumb grip, but wanted to try the Q2 with the Art de Mano case first as it has a raised area on the front of the case for grip.  This little grip is very comfortable, so I did not order a thumb grip.  However, if I wanted one, I'm still unclear if the thumb grip would fit with this case, as it looks like a close fit with the leather top edge and where the thumb grip would be positioned.  Anyone know??

1 hour ago, tnturnerx1 said:

I wondered about getting the thumb grip, but wanted to try the Q2 with the Art de Mano case first as it has a raised area on the front of the case for grip.  This little grip is very comfortable, so I did not order a thumb grip.  However, if I wanted one, I'm still unclear if the thumb grip would fit with this case, as it looks like a close fit with the leather top edge and where the thumb grip would be positioned.  Anyone know??

Not sure I understand the potential conflict you’re concerned about. I have an Arte de mano case and I use the Thumbs Up grip. I also have the Aventino grip on my ADM case. The combination is extremely easy to hold securely. No conflicts at all in my case. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my Q2 in mid March, so I've had a fair bit of time to experiment. I've settled on a Thumbs Up grip and Leica Handgrip, both of which work perfectly to afford a comfortable and stable way of holding the camera. The Handgrip has a large wheel-like knob that allows it to be detached quickly, unlike the D-ring screw on the case for a D-Lux, for example. And the Q2 is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

• 1 month later...

I bought a "Taiwan" one for 10€, exactly the same as the Leica. That way I could test it without investing too much money.

Personally, after using the Q2 without it for 2 weeks, it felt weird to add the thumbgrip, did not like it.

In fact, I found more natural to use the Leica Q2 "au naturel". So I personally have chosen not to use the thumbgrip.

Edited by evenise

Got mine today. In short, it’s great. Color matches exactly, the shutter wheel is easy to reach, dust doesn’t collect next to the wheel, and the grip is further right and jabs me less when I wear it on strap. Far better than the not-so-cheap fotomix one I got. $180 better? Not for most people. 

RPR,  Just picked up my back-ordered Leica Q2 Thumb Support up from the Leica dealer.  Works great with the crop button too.  Leica has always been slow with accessories.  Sold the Thumbs Up as I like the Leica Thumb Support much better.  r/ Mark

Edited by LeicaR10

If you mean the crop button, yes, it stands out slightly more and is made of metal. You no longer have to jam your fingernail under the thumbs up and onto the button.  I use it for exposure lock, so this is much easier. 

Using the exposure compensation dial is about the same. The support sits lower, so you have less obstruction, but the main problem with that dial is placement.