Q2 Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thought it maybe of interest for new owners to advise others (including myself) of availability and anticipated delivery timescales. 

Do you think it will be on back order for a while, or are there plenty of stock? 

UK delivery appears to start next week. 

Happy hunting

Flyer

From what I have gathered, Park Cameras had one stock of the Q2 at launch and I bought it when I saw it on their website to order at launch- they won't get any more for a week or so.

Mine arrives today.

So it seems perhaps, limited quantity at launch followed by a batch in a week or so - I supsect the main leica stores had a few more available at launch, but I also gather they had a waiting list.

Edited by dancook

Advertisement (gone after registration)

40 minutes ago, Flyer said:

Marketing and slowing supply to meet an ever growing demand for a product that "appears" to be in short supply, Apple do it all the time. 

If you think Apple artificially limits iPhone stock in their launch quarter I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Dear Ian,

Many thanks for your email. We are getting limited stock periodically, however we are receiving lots of pre-orders at this time so can not give you a time frame other than appox 1-2 Months. 

From Park Cameras, not looking good 😕😕

2 hours ago, jbripley said:

If you think Apple artificially limits iPhone stock in their launch quarter I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Lol. 

Apple never artificially limited iPhone supply. I used to work for the company that manufacture iPhone for Apple, the reason why the iPhone initially was hard to get is very simple, nobody knew they would sell so well. We simply didn't enough capacity to build them fast enough. We kept expanding and building factories but yet the iPhone just sells and sells. 

But now the capacity have caught up and the demand has slowed, so anyone should be able to get the latest iPhone relatively quick. 

• Like 1

I asked to be added to a Q2 availability list on 2/15 and at the time the response was "can't comment on a product that doesn't exist yet.". Confirmed again on 2/28. No idea how far down the list that puts me.  So far just have "we'll let you know when one's available for you". 

Doesn't seem to be a lot of info on availability.  One or two mentions here of Q2 in hand, far as I can tell.  Is supply incredibly constrained, or do a lot of people have them already and just not talking about them on here?

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 4:01 AM, jbripley said:

I don’t really understand Leicas strategy here. Why not delay the launch a week if you don’t have enough stock piled up?

Could have to do with several variables.    Camera production times, size of manufacturing work  force, capitalization of company.  What would be really nice is if Leica would communicate some sense of how long it will be before the camera is available to those who want it.