Question re: Lim's Half-case and tripod mount

jon m

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got the Lim's half-case and very much like it.  Have a problem in that the screw the case comes with doesn't allow for mounting to a tripod (in my case, for use with a strap that affixes to the tripod mount receiver).

My last case ("very release") had on it a mounting screw with a female-threaded adapter inset into the screw, allowing the case to be screwed down and then screwed onto a tripod or strap.  (That screw is too short to work with the Lim's case, which is deeper).

Does anyone know where to get another screw of this sort, but longer, so I can get it working with the Lim's case?

Ok, continuing to unravel this....  Q uses "Tripod thread A1⁄4 , DIN 4503 (1⁄4")" which I believe is simply a 1/4"-20 UNC thread.

The strap uses this to attach:  http://www.blackrapid.com/FastenR5-FR-5-Breathe.  I'm not sure what they mean by Standard but I guess can assume 1/4"-20.  Since it does fit, at least into the "adapter" screw I have with the old case; I'll need to try it direct into the camera but I assume that will also fit fine.

Now the part I don't know is, what kind of screw I need to work with / fit the Lim's case.  I emailed them so hopefully they'll have an answer.

Sorry, I realize my posts may not be 100% clear, I'm not entirely sure what words to use.... still learning terminology.

The Lim's case did come with a screw and it goes onto the camera fine, but it's flat-head and so will not allow to mount to a tripod (or in my case, strap attachment) with case on.

My other case has a case-screw that has female threads inside of it - similar to these: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1410302-REG/megagear_mg1364_leather_camera_case_screws.html .  That screw doesn't work with the Lim's case however (seems too short for the thicker Lim's case).

So basically to sum it up, I need something like the screws in that link, but certain to fit the Lim's half-case and still accept the screw from the strap I linked above.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nope, seems too short and/or the shape blocks the screw from making it far enough through the hole in the case to thread into the camera.  A little hard to explain, but basically the screw that I was using before won't screw in, it doesn't get to the threads inside the camera through the Lims case.

Edited by jon m

Does your case not have this hole in the bottom?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!