Date-Time was unexpected reset to the factory value

LexS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some day I discovered that I was taking photos in 2015 instead of today. Had to set the date-time again, then saved the user profile. How is that possible, and, more important, how to avoid that in the future?

Irritating: I can not correct the date time settings in LTR, nor with ExifData app.

I don't know how the spontaneous reset happened.

But in LR CC (classic) you can adjust the time after the fact, see image. ( It's in Dutch, but this shouldn't be a problem.)

Hope this helps.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Bedankt voor je antwoord.

I have LTR6 perpetual on the Mac, changing time for the LeicaQ photos is not possible. Then I copied the photos to my PC, and tried it again with the Windows LTR6 perpetual, and YES I could change the time, pfff, misery a bit over.

But how is it possible that time can change to factory settings?? 

Lex

To make the camera go into a hard reset mode you either have to do it manually or after a firmware update, I think. But I am not sure. I have saved my user setting en exported them to a card and my Mac, so after a new firmware update It's a breeze to set everything the way I like it.

Thanks, my Q came from the factory with fw3. I just followed your advice and exported the user profile, to be sure. My issue was hat I only later saw that the date was something in 2015 suddenly. All corrected now. Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 10:28 AM, LexS said:

Thanks, my Q came from the factory with fw3. I just followed your advice and exported the user profile, to be sure. My issue was hat I only later saw that the date was something in 2015 suddenly. All corrected now. Thanks for your help.

This has happened to me before but it was after not using the camera for several month without the any battery inserted.  I think the problem is that the internal battery hadn't been recharged (from the main battery as it was not inserted for several months) and simply ran out of charge so the time/date couldn't be kept in memory.  How long had your Q been sitting unused without the main battery inserted?

14 hours ago, LexS said:

Hi maziatr, i never have the battery out but for charging, say half a day max. This date issue was about when the Q was 1 month old.

Ok, I see.  It could simply be the case that the internal battery is not holding its charge or something is draining its power too quickly.  If it happens again I would contact Leica.  

Good luck in amy case.

Edited by Guest