TL2 availability

Got mine back yesterday. Well, not back as such. It's a new camera, not the one I returned. Visoflex seems to cause no more problems.

- Vikas

Edited by vikasmg
  • Like 1

I presume unpacking loads of cameras, loading new firmware, testing them and re-packaging takes a while. 

I recall a photo of the packing dept for either the SL or one of the lenses .... which seemed to consist of a single bored middle aged lady stuffing things into boxes .....  :)

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I don't think mine had been returned to Wetzlar, unpacked, fixed and repacked before coming to me. Leica Mayfair updated the firmware on the spot before handing it over. OTOH, it wasn't old stock in the shop - I had to wait a week after ordering.

Edited by LocalHero1953

UK dealers have seen nothing now since the initial batch as far as I can tell. 

I gave up waiting and have got one direct from Germany ..... although at a premium as the £ exchange rate is so awful.

The usual story from Leica ..... a few to whet appetites and then weeks/months of waiting till they get round to making another lot. I had a long chat with a dealer who has been telling Leica this is a daft way to release products for nigh on 30years .... but it's the same old story. He estimates the current M10 wait is 6+months. 

But ..... as with every Leica product ..... someone, somewhere will have one in stock ..... and a hour of internet searching and phone calls will get you what you want ....  ;)

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 1

Well, I am still waiting. I have one on order from a local dealer (I prefer to support the locals), but it looks like I have to extend the search range... Would be good to hear if/when a new batches reach your country!

Mine just shipped from B&H today ... 

Seems to have been a very limited quantity - I signed up for stock alerts but didn't get an email. I just purchased a silver TL2 at the Las Vegas Leica store. It was the last TL2 body in that store. None of the other Leica stores in the country are showing any stock. Nothing on Amazon, B&H or Adorama.

i talked to Los Angeles Leica store last week, and they said that they made some changes, almost sounds like a hardware change, and that they would be shipping somewhere in the beginning of September again.  He said that Leica did not want to just rely on a SW patch.

• Like 2

not sure I believe any of that ..... this is from today ....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by thighslapper