My Review of the Sofort

mikemgb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This spring I took some instants with the Sofort. If it's not too dark it's possible to take a picture indoor without flash. Picture below with the Sofort set to lighten. In the meantime I have added a large(r) format instant camera to my collection, the MiNT InstantKon RF70 that uses the Instax Wide film. It's a folding rangefinder camera that needs a learning curve, not with the rangefinder but with the exposures because the use of ND filters is required in bright sunlight. Maybe I post one of the pictures I got with it in the Photo Forum Other.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I saw the InstaKon in FotoImpex on a recent visit to Berlin. My train of thought was, "What the hell is that?? Don't tell me there is a medium format rangefinder I don't know about..." Turns out there wasn't, but it definitely looks like a well made camera. It was behind glass, so I did not get to handle it, but I would be interested to hear more of your impressions...I am interested in instant, but as a former user of 4x5 pack film on LF cameras, I am not sure I can tolerate the loss in quality, which was already not superb in the good old days.

28 minutes ago, Stuart Richardson said:

I saw the InstaKon in FotoImpex on a recent visit to Berlin. My train of thought was, "What the hell is that?? Don't tell me there is a medium format rangefinder I don't know about..." Turns out there wasn't, but it definitely looks like a well made camera. It was behind glass, so I did not get to handle it, but I would be interested to hear more of your impressions...I am interested in instant, but as a former user of 4x5 pack film on LF cameras, I am not sure I can tolerate the loss in quality, which was already not superb in the good old days.

I will send you a private message as soon as possible about my findings with the InstantKon RF70.

Best