New Forest Pony Sales

gwpics

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have posted a gallery of 14 images from a visit to the New Forest pony sales in England on my website at http://archive.gwpics.com/index/G00008W4VjyTx_G8. All were taken with a Leica M7 and 35mm Summarit-M f2.5 using Fuji Neopan 400CN film. Please click on any image to view all larger.There a sample below to whet your appetite. I hope you like them!

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

Great shots Gerry.

Lovely tones, some great perspectives and movement shots. You've also captured quite a bit of drama in these shots as well.  :)

Why, thank you kind sir. seriously, I really appreciate your kind comments. This is an event which happens 3 times a year but by a strange quirk numbers are falling drastically because of EU subsidies which is making it more economic to keep the ponies on the forest (a national park) than to sell them. This sale was the quietest I have ever seen it.

Gerry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A great moment captured when almost everyone's eyes are fixed on the oblivious horse.

Thank you Hardy. I hope you had chance to follow the link and also look at the other images in the set.

Gerry

• Like 1

I'm just about to try Fuji Acros100 but with Neopan did you develop these yourself?

This Neopan is 400CN which is C-41 process so the answer is 'No'. I did process my own Neopan about 15 years ago before I switched to digital, an it was always a film I was very fond of. Having come back to film with the recent purchase of a M7 I decided to stick to C-41 film because I really did not want to get into processing, but it looks like I might be forced to because of the lack of decent processing locally, however for now I am am finding Neopan 400CN satisfies my needs as it scans so well. I have never used Acros 100 but have no reason to believe it won't be excellent as I have found all other Fuji products to be amongst the best.

Thanks for your interest.

Gerry.

Superb…I really enjoyed these; reminded me of when my parents used to live on the edge of the New Forest at Ibsley.

Thank you Sam, you are not a million miles away now. I am glad it bought back memories.

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...

Erika Larsen, a National Geographic photographer and editor of an assignment this image was posted for kindly said "I feel like this image has stopped me in time. I continue to go around again and again within the image and land on something new" . Very kind words indeed.

Gerry

I have posted a gallery of 14 images from a visit to the New Forest pony sales in England on my website at http://archive.gwpics.com/index/G00008W4VjyTx_G8. All were taken with a Leica M7 and 35mm Summarit-M f2.5 using Fuji Neopan 400CN film. Please click on any image to view all larger.There a sample below to whet your appetite. I hope you like them!

Gerry

I have just heard that the image at the start of this item has been selected for publication on the ‘Your Shot’ section of the National Geographic website, and I am over the moon! You can find it about half way down (smaller than some) here:

• 3 weeks later...