Q Wi-fi

nryn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi. Received my Q last week and am loving it so far. Brought it to a shoot with me this week.

Has anyone had success with the wifi connection? I can connect with the camera but the "backup" mode in the app doesn't show any photos (which is what I assume it is supposed to do). I've tried WPA2 and open networks, connecting to the camera as host and connecting the camera to my iPad and iPhone. In all cases I can establish a connection and get the remote control function to work but not the backup.

Not a huge deal--I have my laptop with me but not on site. The wi-fi feature is useful for the occasional image to post to social media.

Thanks.

Thanks Peter. I found that page as well and I can connect successfully. I just get a screen on the iOS devices that displays "Backup Mode" with a back navigation for Disconnect and that's it--no thumbnails or images. The camera acknowledges the connection briefly on its screen before resuming normal operation (though at this point it is still connected and displays the wifi icon on its display).

No idea if I'm supposed to initiate a backup after that and if so, from the camera or through some hidden means in the app.

Does anyone know if it will only work if you shoot in JPG only? Other cameras will transfer over the JPG if you shoot RAW + JPG.

• 1 month later...

I've got back up mode to work, but disappointingly only photo's taken while it's enabled will sync to mobile device, I would have liked for photo's already on the SD card to be selected and sync'd as well. Maybe a future update will fix this. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

etherfarm, I'm having the exact same issue with my iPhone and iPad. I can connect to the camera in backup mode, but just see a black screen. If it works like the T app (and I assume it's meant to, as it looks almost identical), then I'd expect a grid of the photos stored on the SD card in the camera to appear. I haven't updated to the 1.1 firmware yet but read in another thread that that fixed wifi for one member of the forum.

• 1 year later...

This thread hasn't been touched in a while but figure it's worth a shot.

I just purchased the Q yesterday. Cannot set this up either.

The app and the camera connect. But I can't control the camera (no QR code given) and I can't view shots I've taken in the backup screen.  Just black backup screen like other users have mentioned. I don't even get the option for a QR code to do host setup. Firmware is v 2.0 which is the latest version but also makes it difficult b/c everything online in terms of the menus are referencing early firmware versions where the menu options have changed. 

Really frustrating of course. Starting to worry that I may have purchased a lemon? Any help would be really appreciated, thanks! 

I only bought my Qabout a month ago and until yesterday had not tried the WIfi. However, once I connected it to my iPad using the QR code everything worked OK. Initially the back up did not work but then when I realised you had to elect pictures in the playlist I found that the back up worked fine.