Visoflex -- Do you need it and use it a lot

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned as a benefit to using the EVF is improved camera stability. I find holding my camera the traditional way, up to your eye and against your face, is much more stable than holding it in front of you to peer thru the view screen. Although I will sometimes frame a picture thru the view screen (as in an overhead shot,) I guess I use the EVF 90% of the time. However, if I mount an M lens, I do find it easier to focus on the screen(!)

• 4 weeks later...

Based on the responses on this forum, I purchased a used Visoflex.  I am really liking it from a functionality standpoint.  It is bright and clear.  It works with my regular tri-focal glasses but not with my polarized glasses.  It works wonderfully with my naked eye, no glasses.  The hump is a bit of a problem in my regular camera case and I do worry a bit about putting to much pressure on the EVF but I do like leaving it on the camera.  Seems to be a nice comibination of changing the settings on the touchscreen and composing via the EVF.

Thanks for the input.

• Like 1