Makro with M 240 and Quenox Extension

falkk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Recently, I followed a thread here in the forum, over at the "Lenses-Section" and I thought it might be interesting to share my experiences with my M 240 Makro-Photography here in the M-section...

For some time, I wanted to play with makro-photography. When my friend, a goldsmith asked me to help her with a few product-shots, I looked around and did not find too many choices. The new Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90 mm f/4 was out of question. Too expensive just to play around. So I got the Quenox Leica-M Mount Extension Ring (I got it here) and played with it.

and… I liked the result. Sure, the photos are not perfect and maybe not professional, but for my purposes, it worked very good. I like these kind of challenges. It adds some kind of personal touch. My friend is happy - that's what counts, and I think that these shots are quite useful.

Some details: I used a small light-dome with spots on both sides (6400 k). I used a simple A3-paper for background. I used a tripod and (- how do you say in English?) I used the timer (12 sec) to make sure that the camera is not moving.

Aperture somewhere in the mid-range (2.8 to 5.6). It is not possible to get EXIF-Data, since the Quenox ring does not communicate with the camera.

Focussing in Live-View (of course) and Focus Help Zooming (x5 and x10).

I played with my 3 lenses - the Noctilux f=1.0, the Summilux 35 and the WATE. All three lenses not especially built for Makro-Photography, but it was fun playing around. When using the WATE with 16mm I got some really artistic results. Extremely shallow focus area. But that's also very nice, in my opinion.

Here some examples shot with the Summilux and the Quenox:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

and here a few shots with the WATE:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!