Leica T Serial Number in EXIF

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just to be clear, I was talking of the M9, and you are saying that what ExifTool reported was taken from the Maker notes. I don't think so. (Note that ExifTool reports just Serial Number.)

The specification of EXIF 2.2 does not contain a BodySerialNumber tag. The specification of EXIF 2.3 does (A431h), and it does state that this tag was added with revision 2.3. A tag ‘Camera Serial Number’ (0303h) is part of the MakerNotes of the M8 and M9. JPEG files captured with the M9 contain no BodySerialNumber tag as part of the standard EXIF data, but they do contain the Camera Serial Number tag as part of the MakerNotes (I’ve just checked again and it’s still true).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My M9 (leica m9 firmware 1.196) has the serial number in field SerialNumber as reported by

exiftool -SerialNumber

Exiftool reports what is in the serialnumber field of the picture:in the DNG all fields the T reports are visible, in the T  camera processor that makes the jpg one of the things that fall out (in this compression) is the serialnumber....